Quick update during busy times!(Cross-posted from BigData Boutique Blog)
It's been almost 3 months since I last posted in this blog. It's not that I don't have what to blog about - it's the other way around, I have too many things to talk about and too little time to do so. So I thought I'll give a little sign of life!
Ever since I started freelancing (a little bit over 8 months ago) I've had the opportunity of working with many clients on diverse projects, most are well within the area I'm mostly excited about - so-called BigData, text search, and data processing. Working with big and respected clients like McAfee and OpenTable, as well as smaller clients with interesting projects gives so much diversity to life and a lot of confidence in what I do. That may be a good point to mention again I'm available for consulting as well as short- and long-term contracts world-wide.
I've been involved in many interesting projects lately, learning new technologies and doing a lot of cool and innovative things also with technologies I already know very well, and here's some of what's coming up for me in the next couple of months:
- I'm going to deliver my Real-world search course October 20-21 in London. It is a great course designed to teach you the basics of full-text search with Lucene and Elasticsearch, and show you what kind of things you can do with it. Hint: not only text search. There are still spots left so if that sounds like something you might be interested in - go ahead and sign up!
- My RavenDB in Action book is nearing completion. We've had so many good reviews and great feedback from our readers so far, and we are now gearing up and getting ready for the release of RavenDB version 3.0 so we can finalize the book and release it as the best guide there is for RavenDB v3.0.
- The Microsoft MVP summit is just around the corner - looking forward to meeting old and new friends!
- I'm going to speak at several conferences - BuildStuff in Vilnius, CodeMotion in Tel-Aviv and a few more. Talks are mostly focused on Elasticsearch, Lucene and full-text search.
- A lot more work on Lucene.NET. We've recently started doing work on porting Java Lucene 4.8.0 to .NET and while resources are tight we are giving it all that we've got. Read more about this here (the code has been since merged to the Apache repo). I have several blog posts planned in this area, hopefully I will get them out soon.
- Several exciting private projects I'm working on with friends, hopefully we will release details on the most exciting one very soon.
- More work with my clients on diverse and interesting projects, solving the most challenging of problems and writing lots of code.
- And of course, blogging!
Overall, it's been a great 8 months and I'm looking forward to many more of them.
I'm always open to new projects and gigs - feel free to drop me a line if you need help with everything Lucene / Elasticsearch / BigData or architecture related.